Weight Loss Options
At CosMedics, we offer a wide array of services that are meant to help you improve not just your appearance, but also your well-being and confidence. Part of that is providing a comprehensive list of weight loss-related treatments. We help our Edmonton-area patients lose weight through an innovative diet program, provide cosmetic services to help with trouble spots, and even help with weight loss related conditions such as stretch marks.
To learn more about the ways Dr. Ashwani K. Singh and our other medical professionals can help you on your weight loss journey, call us at (780) 428-9333 to schedule an appointment.
Treatment & Service Options
(*Please Note Results May Vary)
We believe that creating a holistic, multifaceted plan can help Edmonton weight loss patients shed pounds and keep them off. That’s why we offer treatments and services for each step along the way. Please follow the links below to learn more about our options.
- Cellulite treatments: Sometimes after a patient has lost weight, stubborn cellulite can remain, making cellulite treatments an important facet of a thorough weight loss plan. Our medical team can use radiofrequency energy or mesotherapy (injections of various chemicals) to break down the nodules of fat that cause the bumpy look of cellulite.
- Accent™ skin tightening: Our Accent radiofrequency device can be used to improve the look of cellulite, but we also use it to tighten skin in many areas of the body that can be difficult to change through diet and exercise alone. We use Accent on the abdomen, thighs, hips, and even the face and neck. The completely non-invasive procedure delivers radiofrequency energy into the deep layers of the skin to stimulate collagen growth and tighten the surface layers. We find it to be a highly effective treatment for patients who are left with loose skin after weight loss.
- CoolSculpting® fat reduction treatment: CoolSculpting is one of the most innovative and effective cosmetic treatments to come along in the past few years. For patients who have areas of stubborn fat that aren’t affected by diet and exercise, we can perform non-invasive CoolSculpting. The treatment applies an intense cold to targeted areas (usually the abdomen, hips, thighs, and lower back) to bring about up to a 25% reduction in fat *.
- ZERONA® laser lipolysis: Another option we offer for stubborn fat pockets is ZERONA laser treatments. At our Edmonton clinic, we perform these non-invasive treatments by directing a low-grade laser pulse into the skin. Fat cells absorb the laser energy, which causes part of the fat to liquefy and empty from the cells. That fat is later removed via the body’s natural cleansing process. ZERONA can be a wonderful finishing treatment for our weight loss patients.
- Stretch mark treatment: For those who have done the hard work of losing weight, stretch marks can be an unfortunate side effect that mars their results. We combine several different treatment methods to help diminish the appearance of stretch marks: laser treatments, physical treatments such as microdermabrasion and chemical peels, at-home skincare products, and prescription medications.