Restore your glow
What is HALO™ fractional resurfacing?
HALO™ is a safe and effective laser treatment used to treat fine lines, wrinkles, scars and pigmented lesions. This hybrid fractional laser applies non-ablative and ablative wavelengths to the same microscopic treatment zone to maximize results and reduce downtime.
What skin conditions can HALO™ laser treat?
HALO™ laser has been used to effectively address the following:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Sun damage/dyschromia
- Skin texture
- Skin resurfacing
- Scar revision (including acne scars)
- Signs of aging
- Pigmented lesions
- Appearance of enlarged pores
- Medical dermatology/Actinic Keratoses
HALO™ laser resurfacing can treat all skin types, on face and body. Popular off-face treatments include: neck, chest, arms, hands, and legs.
What to expect during your HALO™ Laser treatment
Thirty minutes to an hour prior to your HALO™ Laser treatment, a topical numbing anesthetic will be applied to your skin to reduce the sensation during the procedure, thus making the treatment more comfortable.
The treated area will be measured with motion tracking technology to ensure the area is treated evenly. Each section within the quadrant will then be treated by uniformly rolling the HALO™ Laser hand-piece over the skin until the system recognizes the treatment is complete.
Most patients describe the treatment as a feeling of heat with prickling sensations. The integrated cooling wand and topical anesthetic will make the procedure more comfortable, though patients will continue to feel a warm heat sensation for an additional 1-2 hours. It is not uncommon for the heat sensation to last a bit longer with deeper treatment levels.
Before and after care
- HALO™ should not be performed if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
- Limit sun exposure for 48 hours before and after your laser treatment. For safety reasons you will not be able to receive laser treatment on sun tanned skin.
- Cleanse your skin with gentle cleanser and gently pat dry while your skin is healing following your laser treatment.
- Protect your skin by avoiding sun exposure and wearing sun screen.
- After the first 24 hours your skin will begin to peel.
- Apply an antibiotic ointment if you experience areas of more aggressive peeling.
- After 2-3 days you will develop a light bronzing appearance.
- By day 3 or 4 your skin will peel, revealing your new skin beneath.
- Overall, the process requires about 5-7 days downtime.
- Protect your fresh new skin with broad spectrum sunscreen.
Risks and common side effects
- Not to be performed if pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Patients may experience temporary swelling and redness.
HALO™ Laser resurfacing FAQs
- Fighting Sun Damage
- Introducing Oxygeneo® at CosMedics
- Laser Hair Removal Basics
- Laser Hair Removal for Tan Skin